A Message from Anne…
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. — Ephesians 6:18
As I write this newsletter, we are still under lockdown due to COVID-19 and under a curfew due to rioting in our streets. Our circumstances seem to be out of control with angry, frustrated rhetoric coming at us from all sides. Our perspective can be distorted if we give in to fear and feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. Yet could it be that what the enemy has intended for evil, God is using for good?1 And could the good coming out of these terrible times be God’s people turning to Jesus in repentance of sin, crying out for Him to return to us in order that once again, we would receive His blessing? May it be so!
On Pentecost Sunday, May 31st, I felt led by God to offer a prayer initiative, Turn to Jesus: Calling Women to Pray. While the pandemic was the original catalyst, the chaos, confusion, and violence that followed the senseless killing of George Floyd seemed to underscore that the timing was Spirit-led. The following are some online testimonies from those who participated.
- Thank you for leading us as women into the throne of God so that He would hear our cries and answer them. You have been blessed with an amazing gift that encourages, inspires and shows us the freedom to cry out to our living God. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. — Elicia
- I thank you for organizing and sending out this call to women. I believe it was the most powerful time of prayer that I have ever had. Your prayer was written in such a way that I could insert all that needed to be said from my heart. I look forward to the upcoming revival throughout the world for such a time as this! Shalom! — Pam
- Thank you for the amazing strength and courage you gave me last night! It has been years since I was in such a deep spiritual war room as I knew I was last night. — Andrea
- Thank you for your recent prayer. I closed my eyes and listened with my heart. You touched every fiber of my being as you touched on ALL the things of this world that are going on at this time. — Nell
- I listened and read along with you, Anne, sensing a deep and sincere unity with all who joined this prayer purpose. Thank you for leading the way and thank God for hearing the cry of our hearts. May we see His favor and blessing again soon. May we be strong and wholly united….until He comes again. — Cindy
- Thankful for the technology making it possible to join in from Suwon, Korea, Monday at 9:00 a.m. I have printed it out to continue to pray. — Enny
- Many of us have lamented that we don’t pray enough for our country, leaders, social servants, ministry, etc. I took your prayer and dated the eight bullet points into weekly slots. Our Bible study group individually has been praying one bullet point each week. At the end of the year we will have prayed each point 7 times. It is amazing how each week lines up with world news, repeatedly. Thank you for making it possible by writing this beautiful prayer, and I give God credit for the idea to divide it up to make it a year-long habit. — Laura
- Thank you Anne Graham Lotz – your prayer tonight and this song were so right and needed at this time – I have been just at a loss to put all these needs together in words and you made it all there – I know He knows my heart but it feels so much better to be able to tell Him – I read it with you then I prayed it myself – you have blessed us and I thank you. Yes, Turn to Jesus! — Paula
I’m convinced that Heaven was moved in answer to the hundreds of thousands of us who prayed on Pentecost Sunday. Thank you for participating. But our work of prayer is not finished.
I was reminded of this when the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown loosened and businesses began to reopen, allowing me to meet a friend for lunch at a local restaurant. As we sat down in the booth, we almost immediately plunged into a conversation about the national unrest in the wake of George Floyd’s horrific murder. In a few moments, we were served by a young African-American man who was wearing a large black face mask. After the server had left to turn in the order we had given him, we bowed our heads and my friend asked God’s blessing on our meal. When she lifted her head, I blurted out regretfully that we should have asked the waiter if we could pray for him. When he returned to bring us our order, I told him we had just prayed, and I wanted to know if there was anything we could pray for him. He immediately gave us a request, then to our amazement, he held out his hands, bowed his head, and waited for us to pray! We took his hands and I prayed as he had asked. When I concluded the prayer, his eyes were filled with tears. He said he was trying hard not to cry…that we had no idea all that he was going through. And he thanked us. For praying. Such a simple act that meant so much to all of us.
The experience led me to recommit to not just a set-aside-time of prayer as we had in Turn to Jesus, but to obey Paul’s exhortation, And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.2 Join me in being alert and Spirit-led in prayer for people all around us with whom we interact. Through our prayers, let’s move Heaven on behalf of another person.
For His Glory,
Being prayed for by Pastor David Anderson and his wife Amber at Bridgeway Community Church.
Praying for a Samoan American soldier in Jerusalem.
Praying for an African ambassador in India.
Praying for hotel workers in Hyderabad, India.
Bible Study: Keep on Praying
Read 1 Kings 18
- In your own words, describe the main events of I Kings 18:1-40.
- What did Elijah do that was different from Ahab in 1 Kings 18:41-42?
Click here for the Bible Study especially developed for this newsletter.
Available October 6, 2020
In this powerful new volume, Anne gives readers a starting point for their own daily encounters with the One who listens to every heartache and who delights in giving every good gift out of His abundant grace and mercy.
When you PREORDER THE LIGHT OF HIS PRESENCE before October 6, you will receive free digital bonus gifts to enjoy!
If you would like to receive AnGeL Ministries’ full newsletter by email or postal delivery, click here to sign up for our free resources!