Read 1 Kings 18
- In your own words, describe the main events of I Kings 18:1-40.
- What did Elijah do that was different from Ahab in 1 Kings 18:41-42?
- In Matthew 6:16-18, what is implied by the word, “When”, that Jesus repeats twice?
- What have you given up in order to make time for concentrated prayer?
- What attitude in prayer was conveyed by Elijah from verse 42? How is this same attitude conveyed in Ezra 9:3-6? Daniel 9:3?
- As you pray for our broken world, what is your attitude? When was the last time you wept in prayer?
- What impresses you about Elijah from verse 43?
- How does Jesus encourage His followers to pray in this same way? Luke 18:1-8
- What encourages you from each of the following verses? James 5:17-18; Psalm 6:9; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 17:15, 20; Acts 4:31
Would you keep on praying until the “rain” of God’s blessing falls in a great spiritual awakening, or, until Jesus comes…?
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Summer 2020 Newsletter.