This call was for women across America [first posted on Sunday May 31st] to join together in claiming God’s promise as we meet the conditions.
Join us, even now, to pray with humility, unity, and sincerity…out of necessity. Our nation is in serious trouble.
**Click HERE for the written and audio prayer : Anne’s Prayer for Pentecost Sunday
Please join us as we pray through these Prayer Points:
1. We Are Compelled to Cry Out:
…By our problems:
- The collapsing world around us
- The devastating virus
- The disastrous economy
…By God’s promises:
“Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing…Joel 2:12-14
2. We Are Confident as We Cry Out:
3. We Are Contrite as We Cry Out:
- We live like practical atheists, no longer acknowledging the one, true, living God.
- We have worshipped gods of pleasure, wealth, technology, pornography, drugs, alcohol, entertainment, sex and sports.
- We have put our hope in ourselves, trusting in our own knowledge, strength and ability.
4. We Are Clear in Our Requests:
- O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For Your Name’s sake. (Daniel 9:19)
- Forgive us. Protect us. Defend us. Comfort us. Deliver us. Heal us.
- Shine the light of Your glory into the darkness that is covering our land. (Isaiah 60:1-2)
- Pour out Your Spirit on all of us. (Acts 2:17)
- Make us bold to rise up, to live for You, and to share the hope of the Gospel. (2 Timothy 1:7)
The Lord God said:
When I…send a plague among My people, if My people, who are called by My name, will…
humble themselves: Kneel down.
and pray: For one hour on Pentecost, May 31, 2020.
and seek my face: Turn to Jesus.
and turn from their wicked ways: Confess and turn away from our personal and national sins.
will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:13-14