- How many times does it say that those listed were commended by God, and why were they? Give phrases with verse numbers.
- Why do you think Abel was singled out for commendation? Compare Hebrews 11:4 with Genesis 4:1-8 and Hebrews 9:22.
- Apply this to yourself. Ephesians 1:7-8
- What was unique about Enoch in Hebrews 11:5-6?
- When and why do you think Enoch began walking with God? Genesis 5:21-22
- What do you think it means to walk with God? Give phrases from Ephesians 4:1-3 and Colossians 1:9-12.
- How would your walk with God be described?
- Why was Noah singled out for Heaven’s applause? Hebrews 11:7
- Describe Noah’s walk with God in Genesis 6:1-9.
- Using your imagination, how difficult would Noah’s work have been? Genesis 6:11-7:5
- What work are you doing for God?
- Comparing Hebrews 11:8-12 with Genesis 12:1-5, what motivated Abraham to leave everything behind and pursue God in a life of obedient faith?
- What do you want more than anything?
- How did Isaac witness to his children? Hebrews 11:20
- How did Jacob witness to his grandchildren? Hebrews 11:21
- How did Joseph witness to future generations? Hebrews 11:22; Genesis 50:24-25; Exodus 13:19; Joshua 24:32
- How can you intentionally witness to those who come after you?
Using the example of those in Hebrews 11, what do you need to do to make your faith more contagious?
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Fall 2021 Newsletter.