I. He Helps
* Which verses in Psalm 63 imply that the Psalmist was experiencing trouble?
* What phrase refers to the Psalmist’s sleepless nights? Why do you think he couldn’t sleep?
* What keeps you up at night?
* When sleepless, what did the Psalmist do? What do you do?
* What encouragement do you receive from the following verses? Psalm 10:14; 18:35; 28:7; 30:2; 46:1, 5; 94:7; 118:13
* If you need God’s help, what do you need to do? Matthew 8:5; 15:25; Luke 4:38; John 15:7
II. He Hides
* Where did the Psalmist say God hid him?
* How is this same thought expressed in Ruth 2:12; Psalm 17:8; 36:7; 61:4; 91:4? Give phrases.
* What does this thought mean to you? Psalm 25:1; 32:10; 56:3; 62:8
III. He Holds
* How was the Psalmist held?
* What is the significance of the right hand? Exodus 15:6, 12; Psalm 16:11; 17:7; 18:35; Isaiah 62:8
* In light of the significance of God’s right hand, write out Isaiah 41:10 in your own words.
* Is there any danger that God’s grip will loosen, or that He will let go of you? John 10:29
* When things get worse, what encouragement do you receive from Isaiah 41:13? 46:4? Deuteronomy 1:31?
When things get worse, place your faith in the God who is there to help, hide, and hold you.
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Winter 2019 Newsletter.