I. FOCUSED ON THE FUTURE
- Describe the event Paul is referring to in I Thessalonians 4:13-18.
- What additional information about this future event do you learn from 1 Corinthians 15:51-57? Matthew 24:36-42? Matthew 25:1-13?
- How are we encouraged to use this information? 1 Thessalonians 4:18; 5:11; John 14:1-3.
- If Jesus returns tomorrow, what choices will you wish you had made differently today?
II. FAITHFUL IN THE PRESENT
- According to the following verses, in what other ways are we to be faithful in the present? Matthew 24:42-44; 25:13.
- Why do we need to be intentional about watching? 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4; 2 Peter 3:10; Luke 12:38-40; Revelation 16:15.
- What are some of the consequences of not watching? Matthew 24:48-51; 25:1-13.
- If Jesus returns tomorrow, what choices will you be glad you made today?
If you are living in such a way that you will have no regrets when Jesus comes, what can you do to help someone else be ready? Do it. Now.
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Spring 2018 Newsletter.