What do you really care about? When we care about our weight, we go on a diet. When we care about our shape, we begin an exercise regime. When we care about national policy, we vote. When we truly care about something or someone, we do something about it. Caring is one primary reason, when God sends us out with the glorious good news of Jesus Christ, that we go . . .
Read Acts 13:1-5
I. BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT THE LORD
- How is our caring about others a reflection of His caring for us? See John 3:16.
- Give what you think is the reason for the prioritized order Jesus gave to the first and second greatest commandments. See Luke 10:27.
- How much do you care about the Lord? Do you care enough to go where and when He sends you?
A. EXPRESS IT THROUGH YOUR WORSHIP
- Describe what the leaders in the early church were doing in Acts 13:2.
- Relate this to Daniel 9:20-23; Acts 1:12-26; 10:9-36.
- What will you do to make sure your worship precedes your work?
B. EXPRESS IT THROUGH YOUR WORK
- What work were Saul and Barnabas doing, implied in Acts 13:1?
- How did Jesus emphasize to Peter that his work would be an outflow of his worship? See John 21:15-17.
- How is this principle underscored in the following passages: Isaiah 6:1-9; Ezekiel 1:27-2:3; Revelation 1:9-19 and 2:1-5.
- If you truly love and worship the Lord, what are you doing for Him?
II. BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT THE LOST
A. GO INTO THE WORLD
- Do you think the lost will come to you? Or will you have to go to them?
- What did Jesus do? See Matthew 15:24; Luke 19:10.
- What command has He given to you and me? See John 15:16; Matthew 28:18-20.
- How was this command obeyed by the disciples in Matthew 10:5-8? the early church in Acts 13:3?
- Describe the world that’s between your own two feet – the world you go into every day.
B. GIVE OUT THE WORD
- When Saul (Paul) and Barnabas went into the world, what did they do? See Acts 13:5.
- How is this illustrated in Mark 4:1-20? Acts 3:1-6?
- What benefit is there to giving out God’s Word, whether you see immediate results or not? See 2 Corinthians 9:6.
- How does Paul instruct and encourage us in 2 Timothy 4:1-5?
- When Jesus told Peter in John 21:15-17 that if he loved Him, he would “feed My sheep” and “feed My lambs,” what did He mean? See John 6:30-35, 53- 60, 63.
- As your gift to the King for His birthday this year, would you make a deliberate, conscious effort to go into the world and give someone His Word – because you love Him?
Two thousand years ago, angels appeared to the shepherds and “just gave them Jesus.” They announced that “a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.” The shepherds then hurried off to find the baby lying in a manger. The Bible says, “When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child.1”
If you and I truly care about the Lord, we will care about the lost . . . and “just give them Jesus.”