In the last scene of the vision of the glory of Jesus Christ an angel directed the apostle John’s attention to a river that saturates our heavenly home in the blessing of God.
I. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE RIVER Revelation 22:1-5
- What was the significance of a river in Genesis 2:10?
- Describe the characteristics of the river from Isaiah 55:1-2; Ezekiel 47:1-9; John 4:13-14 and 7:37-38.
- What are the similarities between the river in Revelation 22 and the river in Ezekiel 47?
- Are there any differences?
- What do you think the river symbolizes? Base your answer on Scripture.
II. THE SOURCE OF THE RIVER Revelation 22:1
- Where does the river originate? See Ezekiel 47:1-2; Revelation 22:1.
- What does the altar represent? See Exodus 30:20; Deuteronomy 27:6; Isaiah 56:7; Genesis 22:1-2, 9-18 with John 19:17-18; Romans 12:1-2.
- What does the throne represent? See I Kings 22:19; Psalm 9:7, 11:4; Isaiah 6:1; Ephesians 1:20-22; Revelation 4:1-2
- From the above verses, is the source for this river exclusive, or are there other sources? Base your answer on Scripture.
- As you combine what you understand about the significance and the source of the river, how does this apply to your life today?
- To what four depths did the man go into the river?
- How would you apply each depth to your own experience?
- When you are swimming in the river, what part of your body can be seen by others? Apply this to yourself. See Ephesians 1 :22-23. Relate this to Ezekiel 47:5; John 7:37-39 and Ephesians 5:18.
- At what depth in the river are you today ?
- At what depth do you want to be?
B. THE DELIGHTS OF SATURATION Revelation 22:2-3
- From Revelation 22:2, what is the first blessing the river produces? Relate this to Genesis 2:9, 3:24 and John 3:16.
- What is the second blessing the river produces? Relate this to Galatians 5:22 and Colossians 3:12-17.
- What is the third blessing the river produces? Relate this to Isaiah 53:4-5 and Revelation 21:4.
- What does the “curse” represent in Revelation 22:3? —-See Genesis 3:14- 19; Romans 3:23, 6:23 and I Corinthians 15:54-57.
- What four things are a direct result of the “curse” being removed? See Revelation 22:3, 4, 5.
- Is there any possibility that the river does not exist? Or that saturation in the river does not produce blessing? -See Revelation 22:6.
- Do you think the delights of saturation are directly related to the degree you are saturated? Base your answer on—Scripture.
- Where are you in relation to the river?
- What will you do to direct others to the river?
- In the last scene of the vision of the glory of Jesus Christ, an angel directed the apostle John’s attention to a river that saturates our heavenly home in the blessing of God.
Download the PDF of this Bible study here to print or email