Read Psalm 23:1-2
I. FOR REST
- Who is the Shepherd in Psalm 23:1? See John 10:11, 14.
- What do you think the green pastures represent in v.2? Compare John 21:17 with John 6:35, 63.
- What is implied by “lying down” in the green pastures? How can the Shepherd make you lie down in them?
II. FOR REFRESHMENT
- Drawing from your personal experience when you are hot, tired, and thirsty, what does water mean to you?
- What do the quiet waters represent in v.2? See Jeremiah 2:13; John 4:10, 13-14; and Revelation 7:17.
What practical things will you do to intentionally center down in Jesus in order to maintain a rested, refreshed spirit in 2011?
This Bible study was originally printed in our Winter 2011 newsletter.