Read 2 Chronicles 19:1-2, 4 and 20:1-30
I. THE BLESSING
- What was the blessing in 2 Chronicles 19:4 that preceded the battle in 20:1?
- What was the blessing in Matthew 3:13-17 that preceded the attack on Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11?
- Skim through John 9. What was the blessing that preceded the attack on the man who had been born blind?
- What was the blessing that preceded the attack on the leaders of the early church? Acts 3:1-26 with Acts 4:1-3
- Looking back on the recent past, what blessing have you experienced that preceded an attack?
- What can we learn from this pattern? Ephesians 6:18
II. THE BATTLE
- Describe the attack in 2 Chronicles 20:1-2.
- How did Jehoshaphat react?
- On what promise of God did Jehoshaphat base his prayer? Compare 2 Chronicles 20:6-9 with 2 Chronicles 7:13-15
- When have you been attacked physically? Emotionally? Relationally? Spiritually? Mentally?
- How have you reacted?
- Which of the following promises will you claim as the basis for your prayer of faith? Psalm 27:5, 46:1-11, 100:5; Isaiah 40:29-31; Hebrews 13:5-6; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10; Romans 8:28, 8:31-39; Hebrews 10:35-39
III. THE BANNER
- What challenge did Jehoshaphat give to his people? Put 2 Chronicles 20:20 into your own words.
- What unique instructions did Jehoshaphat give and what was the result? 2 Chronicles 20:21-22
- Relate Psalm 60:4 to Jehoshaphat’s strategy against the enemy.
- Who is our Banner? Isaiah 11:10
- When you are under attack, how can you raise the Banner? What will you do to incorporate praise in your strategy to overcome the enemy?
- Fill in the blanks:
I praise the Lord for who He is_________
I praise the Lord for what He has done__________
I praise the Lord for what He will do__________
- Is it possible God is wanting to give you a breakthrough, but is waiting for you to lift up the Banner? Start praising Him now. And keep on praising Him until you have victory.
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Summer 2022 Newsletter.