During the last few months, God has showered me with blessing after blessing. This Thanksgiving I will be counting them one by one and overflowing with praise to the One who is the Fountainhead from whom all blessings flow.
I. THE BLESSING OF GOD THE FATHER
Read Numbers 6:24
- What two things are revealed about God the Father in this verse?
- How are these two characteristics reflected in God’s title given in Psalm 80:1 and described in more detail in Psalm 23?
- List the things the Shepherd does for His sheep in Psalm 23. Which is most meaningful to you?
- List as many blessings as you can from Ephesians 1:3-14 that come from God the Father.
- What five blessings from this list are most meaningful to you? Thank Him for them.
II. THE BLESSING OF GOD THE SON
Read Numbers 6:25
- What two characteristics of God the Son are revealed in this verse?
- What did Jesus Christ claim in John 14:9?
- Give phrases that use these characteristics to describe Jesus Christ as God the Son in John 1:18; Hebrews 1:3; 2 Corinthians 4:6; John 1:14-17.
- What is there about Jesus that makes you love God the Father more?
III. THE BLESSING OF GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT
Read Numbers 6:26
- What two characteristics of God the Spirit are revealed in this verse?
- How does the Spirit turn God’s face towards us? John 14:15-17, 16:13-15; Romans 5:1-5; John 14:26
- Where does real peace come from and how do you experience it? Isaiah 48:17-18; John 14:27; Philippians 4:6-7; Romans 8:6, 14:17; Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 5:18
- In what area of your life do you lack peace? Would you ask God to reveal to you why? Then surrender everything to the control of God the Holy Spirit, opening your heart to His river of peace that passes all understanding.
Take a few moments now to offer a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving to God from whom all blessings flow.
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Fall 2019 Newsletter.