I. BE CONVINCED OF THE MESSAGE 2:8-9
- What two facts about Jesus are we challenged to remember in verse 8?
- What is significant about these facts?
- How are these same 2 facts described in: John 1:1-3, 14? Romans 1:2-4? Give phrases for each fact.
- In your own words, explain the Gospel.
- Are you convinced the Gospel is true? John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 1:16
- In what way are you bound…to a job? By poor health? Etc.
- If you are bound, how are you encouraged by verse 9? Apply it to your situation.
II. BE COMMITTED TO THE MISSION 2:10
- What is our mission? Matthew 28:18-20
- Will fulfilling the mission be easy? 2 Timothy 1:8, 2:10; 2 Corinthians 11:22-29; John 15:20; Revelation 1:9
- What was Paul’s motive for enduring trials, suffering, persecution, hardship, etc.? 2 Timothy 2:10
- What is the promise in 2 Timothy 2:12a that is repeated in Romans 8:17? Revelation 20:6?
- How are you encouraged by Galatians 6:9? Romans 10:17?
- If you are truly committed to the mission, what will you choose to do about fulfilling it?
If all Christians were like you, would Paul have said the Word was bound? If you are convinced of the message and committed to the mission, what will you do to turn the Word loose?
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Spring 2019 Newsletter.