“When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?” –Psalm 11:3
Read Psalm 11
I. OUR NATURAL REACTION
- Write down your reaction to Tuesday, September 11th, the Day of Terror, by answering the following questions: Where were you? How did you learn of the terrorist attack? What were your thoughts? What attitudes and actions in your life have changed since that day?
II. THE BIBLICAL RESPONSE
Godly men and women in the Bible responded in various ways to the news
- In each of the following passages, what was the disaster?
- Who was the man of God and what was his reaction to it?
- What was the final outcome?
- In answer to each of the above questions, give specific phrases from: Genesis 6:9-22; Genesis 14:1-16; Exodus 14:5-31; Joshua 7:3-26; 2 Chronicles 20:1-30; Job 1:13-22, 42:1-17; Isaiah 6:1-8; Daniel 3:1-30; Daniel 6:1-28; Habakkuk 1:5-6, 12-13, 2:1, 3:1-7, 16-19; Acts 7:54-60; Acts 12:1-19; Acts 16:22-34; Acts 27:13-44; Hebrews 11:32-40.
III. YOUR PERSONAL RESOLVE
- How are you and I commanded to respond to news of disaster?
- Give phrases from the following verses, putting them into your own words and applying each to your own life: Psalm 47:1-3; Matthew 24:6-13, 42; Luke 21:8-19; Philippians 4:4-10; 2 Timothy 1:6-12; 1 Peter 4:12-19; 2 Peter 3:11-12, 14; Hebrews 10:34-39; Philippians 1:27.
- Write out how you resolve to respond in the future to disaster.
Download the PDF of this Bible study here to print or email