- What choices did the following men make? Abraham in Genesis 12:1-4, Hebrews 11:8-10; Moses in Hebrews 11:24-27; Manasseh in 2 Chronicles 33:1-6; 2 Chronicles 33:12-13; Jonah in Jonah 1:1-3; Daniel in Daniel 1:8; Peter in Matthew 19:27-30
- Which of these men had regrets for the choice he made? Which had no regrets? Base your answer on Scripture. Genesis 12:2-3, 21:1-7, Hebrews 11:11-12; 2 Chronicles 33:10-11; Deuteronomy 34:10-12; Jonah 1:4-17; 1 Peter 1:3-6, 2 Peter 1:16-18; Daniel 1:9-20
- What did Jesus Himself choose to give up in order to be obedient to His Father? Philippians 2:6-8
- Do you think Jesus had any regrets for the choice He made? Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 12:2
- What did Jesus say was necessary in order for us to be disciples? Luke 14:33
- What have you left or given up in order to be a follower of Jesus? What are you still clinging to that is hindering you from being a disciple?
- As you look back over your life, what regrets do you have regarding the choices you have made?
- If you have regrets, what encouragement do you receive from the following verses? Joel 2:25; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 2 Corinthians 4:1-7; 5:17; Galatians 1:13-16; 1 Timothy 1:15-16
- What choices do you need to make today to ensure you have no regrets tomorrow?
This Bible study was prepared especially for the Fall 2017 Newsletter.